John’s practice focuses on complex class action and commercial litigation. He has extensive experience representing public and private companies in state and federal courts across the state in litigation involving, among other things, lender and banker liability, unfair competition, trade secret misappropriation, employment, real estate and cross-border issues. Whether speaking through a motion or by oral advocacy to a judge and jury, John’s approach is to make his client’s position resonate through a simple, but compelling presentation.
- Defended numerous businesses and executives in class actions and individual claims regarding wage and hour violations, discrimination, sexual harassment, whistle blowing, negligent hiring and related matters.
- Defended and prosecuted cases on behalf of businesses and executives in trade secret misappropriation matters.
Represented lenders and banks in nationwide class actions alleging TILA, Fraud, Breach of Contract, Unfair Business Practices and related claims.
- Achieved class action certification and favorable resolution in an age-discrimination employment claim.
- Defended and prosecuted cases on behalf of landlords in commercial litigation and toxic tort matters.
- Defended and prosecuted cases on behalf of contractors in construction litigation matters.
- Defended and prosecuted cases on behalf of Mexican businesses in commercial disputes and personal injuries occurring in Mexico with jurisdiction in California.
- Defended and prosecuted cases on behalf of majority and minority shareholders, partners, members and managers in breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract and related matters.
- Defended lender liability cases.
- Defended and prosecuted professional liability matters.